Friday, August 29, 2008

GORKI IS FREE!!!!!!!!!


Pic: Rui Ferreira

GORKI! GORKI! GORKI!

GORKI IS FREE!!! Yes, free.

I just spoke with him to confirm. He is happy, at his house celebrating his release with his friends (and, oh yeah, giving interviews...I'm sure he has ten billion people begging to interview him).

This is simply amazing. I can't think of the last time that a person went before Cuba's political courts as a defendant and then went home.

Gorki sends a huge "thank you" to everyone for their support, along with un abrazo.

He seems to be in excellent spirits.

It looks like he'll just need to pay a fine of 600 pesos.

I want to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart. Everyone who helped made a tremendous difference. Every signature placed, every call made, every status updated, every blog posted...they all made a difference, they all spread the word.

I congratulated Gorki by telling him that he had won. He corrected me, he said that we all had won.

Thank you for all your help. You made a difference!

Un fuerte abrazo,
Vanessa

Click here for more picks of Gorki at trial and after he was let go.

1 comment:

Mickey said...

¡Viva Gorki libre!